-
August 30th, 2001, 07:32 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Izzynoel sent us some Cherie Links..thanks Izzy!
Some cherie links I just found that you might want to add
The Mix http://members.aol.com/therollers/ian/mix/the_mix.htm
this is from 2001 "eye" not sure if we seen this before http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_0...de-currie.html
wish I could understand this one http://www.popular1.com/ACTUALIZACIO...ERIECURRIE.htm
japanese 2000 http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/granada/cherie.html
------------------
-
September 2nd, 2001, 06:57 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re the translation of that article, I did it via a web site. The English is a little mixed- up, but you can get the message.
Hope it helps
-- Translation Results by SDL International --
Strange albums in solitary or with its sister twin Marie, curious experiences cinematogr?ficas as its famous movie "Foxes" next to Jodie Foster, and multitude of excesses with the drugs that almost to put an end to her. Undoubtedly it has been one of the women more glamurosas of the Rock, and not in vain inspired including to the mism?simos Redd Kross, that the homenajearon with one of its themes. 25 years after that touched with the Runaways by first time, we gather with Cherie in a bar of L.TO. so that the history of its life counted us. We know it absolutely all of Joan Jett and Lita Ford. Thanks to its successful careers in solitary and to the centenares of interviews that they have granted along the years, we have a very clear idea of how are both. Cherie, on the contrary, has been an enigma during many years. For which logically we had an enormous interest in knowing it, so much since the journalistic point of view as human. The encounter was going to have place in one of those typical ma?anas soleadas californianas, in the terrace of a pretty bar, that is to say: the suitable framework of fund for an appointment with a bell?sima "California girl". Oriol expected to remain fascinated with the beauty of this heroine rockera, and I admit that felt over all the morbo of knowing to the last detail of its life. To the hour set, Cherie aparca its car facing the bar and we recognize it immediately. Upon greeting it, surprises that we have directed us her so quick: "?How have they recognized me so facilmente?", asks with perplexity. Good, any that have followed to Cherie Currie during all these years, would identify its face in a multitude in question of seconds. It is the class of person for whom the time does not pass. To the little while appears also his manager Mara Fox, and we initiate the long interview. Time ago that ourselves do not know anything of you, ?what is doing currently? "It is preparing a disk with the band The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs. They are a great band punk, the type of music charms me that they do. I know them since seven years ago and they are fantastic is Also bringing up to date my autobiograf?a 'Neon Angel', adding some new chapters. The new edition will be more more luxurious, with multitude of photos; is predicted that be published in September. Besides would please me to roll a film upon my life". Who would yourself desire that interpreted your paper? "?Who would it want that he interpreted me me? (Laughters) he has Not seen anyone that he can do it still (Laughters). Perhaps Angelina Jolie he would insert on paper. A my friend knows it, and she he said it that he was interested in doing the paper of a star of Rock, so that my friend gave it my book. Angelina would be cool for my movie, although perhaps whether a little greater to do it. I suppose that we will have to seek someone". How did they react Joan, Lita and the others when you wrote "Neon Angel"? "They reacted well. Lita obliged me to change a pair of things (Laughters), and basicamente what changed said it she with the same words, but that cost 1.000 dollars extra. Joan supported the book, the same as Jackie (Fox) and Sandy (West)". If not it imports you, we would desire to review all your life. How was your infancy? "I grew in Encino, California. I was born in 1959. Was a very normal infancy. My parents were divorced in 1973, and I lived with my mother until she married again in 1975 and he was transferred Indonesia with my brother, then I went me to live with my father, my grandmother and my sister Marie. I joined with the Runaways December 1, 1975, just the day after complying with 15 years". When you decided to put you in the Rock' n' Roll your parents were taken it well? "My father was singer, in the wave of Of Martin, and my mother was actress, so singing he was somewhat natural. The brother of Bing Crosby offered a contract discogr?fico to my father, but for some reason not he came he to sign it". Which were your influences in that epoch? "David Bowie, Suzi Quatro, Alice Cooper.. But above all Bowie". You remember the first disk that yourself? "One of John Denver, was lover of John Denver". (Laughters) ?AND the first concert to the one that yourself attended? "David Bowie in it rotates of 'Diamond Dogs'. That concert basicamente changed my life, went then when I discovered that I wanted to do what he did. 'Diamond Dogs' was the first album of Bowie that I bought, and after listening it, I obtained all its previous disks". It pleases you what is doing Bowie currently? "Yes, of fact my boyfriend gave me the other day the last one CD of Bowie, and there is a pair of themes that they please me enough. Have been all its life smoking, and I create that as consequence of it its voice itself there is resentido, no longer has a voice as powerful as before, but I worship to David Bowie, I create that is incredible". An inevitable question for any rock' n' roller: ?you have good remembrances of your school period? "Not I have very good remembrances of the school. When I discovered to Bowie myself te?? the hair and me maquill? as him. Upon having a sister twin, needed to know who was really I, and the only way of doing it he was adopting an extreme attitude". The people could distinguish you of your sister Marie? "Marie was the popular girl, and I he was the rare one. And of course when I began to dress with clothes rockeras, that did not help me to be more more popular, but to the end many girls decided to imitate me and to dress as I, and I finished being very popular in the school, because I became a rebel". Before knowing to the manager of the Runaways, Kim Fowley, you intended to be singer? "Yes. It had seen to Bowie in direct and had very clear what wanted to do". How was it Kim Fowley when you knew it? "Was Kim Fowley, was a freak". You knew who was Fowley before enter contact with him? "Not, but who did he know was Joan Jett, because the Runaways they were giving a great deal that to speak. Not there were other groups of girls, so was being spoken a great deal of them. In the band they were Joan Jett, Lita Ford and Sandy West". How went the grabaci?n of yours first album? "Very quick. I create that only we pass a week in the study. To know to Joan and Lita was intimidante. Joan was candy, we understood us well since the first moment, but Lita had a very hard attitude, intimidated enough. I was very sweet, was not swum hard, and cost to insert in the group. But it desired to join with them, although did not expect that me to catch, since did not have no experience. Many of the themes of the first album arose of a very natural way. Joan was the main one compositora, that was everything that did, the locked life was passed at home composing songs. I did not compose anything to the second disk". You remember the first time that yourself in scene? "Yes. Was terrible. My first time went with the Runaways, in a localities of Orange County. The entrances of the show were exhausted and I could not move me, was terrified, had p?nico to the setting. By luck, that went the first one and the last time that felt fear in a setting. Me mentalic? that should exceed that fear, and I achieved it". What do yourself remember of the first one tour? "Was hard. Three months and medium in the highway, acting in bars for every America. The disk did not sell very well of entrance, but upon being a so young group of girls, the press was overturned with we. When we return, we touch in the Holy one Monica Civic Center, instead of the Starwood, and Cheap Trick they went our teloneros. Be amused. They us telonearon first in the Starwood, and later in the Holy one Monica Civic Center. They pleased me a great deal, and of fact still we are friends. Was a tour very excitante for we, we were very young and never we had experienced something thus" ... TO CEASE MARTIN *Complete interview in Popu n? 321 (July 2000)
------------------
-
September 3rd, 2001, 09:48 AM
#3
DeeJay
Guest
Thanks for that. I get the gist of what they are saying. You're a legend USAKnight
------------------
-
September 4th, 2001, 01:26 PM
#4
Inactive Member
There's a strange kind of poetry to that translation...of course the fine DeeJay is responsible for the source!!!
kw
------------------
-
September 5th, 2001, 12:08 PM
#5
Inactive Member
It reads like one of Stephen Daedalus's narratives in Ulysses.
------------------
-
September 5th, 2001, 05:37 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Yes, well, his corset was too tight
------------------
-
September 6th, 2001, 09:03 AM
#7
DeeJay
Guest
C'mon don't pick on it. Americanknight went to a great deal of trouble to translate that. I can figure out what they are on about. I wanna know who Oriol is.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks